- Mark Your Calendar.
- The informational meeting for volunteering is 2/15, from 8-10p.m., at Penn Skates. While not required, volunteering is a great way to get to know SCAR. We always need volunteers for on-track and off-track non-skating positions.
- The first bout of the season is 2/18. And the best way to get to know derby is by observing it. Tickets can be bought online, or from your favorite rollergirl.
- The clinic for prospective skaters is 2/19, and the cost is $25. Bring safety gear (knee and elbow pads, wrist guards, a helmet, a mouth guard), and a good attitude. You don't have to attend the clinic to try out, but the clinic is where you'll meet some of the team and get training on the skills that you'll be tested on for tryouts. In other words, it's optional but highly recommended.
- Tryouts are 2/26. Come rested and hydrated, and good luck!
- Get Ready.
- Go skate. Penn Skates is our home rink, across from the airport.
- Read articles and watch videos. There are tons of these on the internet, but we especially recommend visiting WFTDA to get to know the rules and checking out the videos on crossovers, stride, and falls online.
- Let Us Know Who You Are. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the list of prospective skaters/refs.
Three Steps to Trying Out for SCAR Derby
Thinking about reffing or skating? Here are a few things you should know.